- What is Tai Chi?
- By:Nick Mutt
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese system, translated as the 'Supreme Ultimate Force'. It is basically a physical exercise of slowly flowing movements that focuses the mind, while conditioning the body. It is said about it that one who practices Tai Chi for 20 minutes a day dissipates stress and reduces stress-related debilities, increases stamina, and strengthens the body and will.
Western sciences are also recognizing its health benefits. Number of Tai Chi classes and program has been set up in almost all-important cities of United States. To locate a class in your community, just contact your local senior center, YMCA or YWCA, health club or wellness center. In this program, you perform a defined series of postures or movements in a slow, graceful manner. Each movement or posture flows into the next without pausing. That is why it is also sometimes called as 'meditation in motion'.
If a person is trying to improve his general health, he may find Tai Chi very helpful. It is generally safe for people of all ages and levels of fitness. This program is most likely to suit older peoples as compared to yoga or other physical exercises as the movements involved in this program are low impact and put minimal stress on your muscles and joints.
Tai chi is beneficial to both physical and mental health irrespective of your age. Below are some of its benefits:
* It reduces stress and gives you a peaceful mind
* It increases flexibility and improves muscle strength and definition
* It also increases energy, stamina and agility
* It increases the feelings of well-being
* It helps in reducing anxiety and depression
* It also helps in maintaining balance and coordination
* It improves sleep quality
* It slows down the bone loss in women following menopause
* It also helps in reducing high blood pressure
* It improves cardiovascular fitness
* It relieves from chronic muscular pain
* It also improves the working of internal organs
* It helps in better breathing
* It results in more strength and stamina
* It also improves the ability to deal with difficult situations
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright ? Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. Nick Mutt is an active writer on alternative health and has published many ebooks on natural health. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
About the author:
Know more on Home Remedies for Stress to get clean and clear skin. Visit www.home-remedies-guide.com for easy and effective home remedies for all common health problems. Also find herbal treatments for Stress - Ashwagandha.